TWIST + WRAP TRIBAL PRINT DRESS

Today I've been preparing to go and look at a few fashion colleges in Sydney. That's right, obviously three years at university weren't enough and I want more study. Honestly, I think I'm crazy. Before I headed out though I wanted to try a really cute look that I found over at A Pair and a Spare. You can find her proper tutorial here, I have just done the end wrap part a bit differently. Basically, you cut off the bottom of a long skirt, hem the mini skirt, and with the bottom part you've cut off, cut it open so it's a long piece of fabric and then wrap and twist it around your bust starting at the back. I did mine a bit differently to what Geneva did and instead of tucking the ends into the waistband at the back, I crossed them at the back and then pulled them over my shoulders and pinned them under the bust to look like a bustier style. Simple! The fabric of my skirt was a weird stretchy one, which is why in the back picture it looks like it's sagging a little (it was hard to keep it pulled tight). I think I'll be doing this to a few of my long skirts that never get worn anymore. I think I even like the top just on its own. Thoughts?



See how the back sags a bit? Still, the cross back looks cool, what do you think?


9 comments:

  1. gorgeous dress - just perfect for the summer :)

    xxx

    INSIDE IN INSIDE OUT

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! Funny coincidence too, I made a midriff outfit exactly like this on the weekend! Love. It.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such an easy way to make a top! I'll definitely be making a few more I think!

      Delete
  3. hi,

    I started a new blog. Its called "Same Same But Different". I would like to share with you my view on fashion, art and other amazing things. I hope you will enjoy the posts of my outfits, fashion and things which are a part of my life. I am happy about every comment or message. And please dont hasitate to criticize or to leave a helpful suggestion. (and i know i really need to learn how to use my camera)

    -> http://www.ssbdk.blogspot.com/

    Hope to read from you soon,

    best wishes
    Kamila

    ps. u got to be sooo thin to be able to wear this and look as beautiful as u do :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks cool!


    http://thefashioninbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dress!!

    XOXF.
    www.myfashion-expression.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow great! Did you hem it?? Please check out my blog two I am now following you! http://herlux.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course, what a fantastic site and instructive posts, I surely will bookmark your blog.Best Regards!
    Specialty Products Company 25480 Upper Control Arm for Toyota 4Runner and FJ - Pair

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! Love this tutorial concept! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete